I am speaking in New York City

Images from my upcoming book, Tomorrow's Garden: Design and Inspiration For a New Age of Sustainable Gardening (Rodale Press, Fall 2010)




Please join me as I show a photographic preview of my upcoming garden book on February 24th at the New York School of Interior Design.

I am honored to be on the same Wave Hill lecture series with Patrick Cullina of the High Line and Dominique Browning my former editor at House & Garden. I hope to see you there! If you are a blog reader and I haven't met you before, please come introduce yourself. I will be attending all three lectures.

Buy tickets here online from the Wave Hill website.


Wave Hill's Horticultural Lectures
January 20
Patrick Cullina
Elevated Pulse: Examining the High Line’s Dynamic and Emerging Landscape
Explore the High Line from a horticultural perspective, its sources of inspiration and its role as one of New York City’s newest, unique urban landscapes. Patrick Cullina is Vice President of Horticulture and Operations for Friends of the High Line.

February 24
Stephen Orr
Tomorrow's Garden: Design and Inspiration For a New Age of Sustainable Gardening
The economic downturn, coming in the wake of the green movement, is causing some intriguing shifts towards a more responsible, less complicated way of thinking about our yards. Stephen Orr focuses on a new approach to gardening, championed by a number of designers and homeowners, that marries traditional environmental concerns with a flexibility and a sensitivity to aesthetics previously missing from green-gardening orthodoxies of the past.” His first garden book,
Tomorrow's Garden, will be published by Rodale Press in fall 2010.

March 17
Dominique Browning
Slow Love: Making a New Garden–and a New Life
Her third book,
Slow Love, will be published in the spring of 2010 by Atlas & Company. Ms. Browning will share musings and readings about "selling her old house, and making a new garden in Rhode Island—and what it is like to uproot, transplant, and repot oneself."


Wednesday Evenings
6–7:30pm
New York School of Interior Design
170 East 70th Street, Manhattan

Lectures Series:
Individual Lectures:
$20 Member or Student / $25 General
Lectures Series:
$48 Member or Student / $60 General

6 comments:

RLT said...

I look forward to it!

Marilyn said...

How wonderful! I am looking forward to it too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Stephan, as always you're such a great friend!Maggy

Stephen Orr said...

No please. thank you Maggy and Marilyn!

Jeffrey said...

Aww! I'm going to be in Miami! Guess I'll have to wait for your book signing to meet you!

Sincerely,
Jeff

http://jeffrey-james-accessories-terrariums.blogspot.com/

Stephen Orr said...

Hey Jeff. Sorry to miss you. But there will be other book events in NYC. So I hope to see you at one of those. Have a nice warm trip!