Disney gardens






Some of my earliest garden memories are of the fantastical cartoon flowers in Walt Disney movies. I especially loved the talking plants in Alice in Wonderland and all the different varieties of dancing flowers in Fantasia. As you can imagine from this revelation, I wasn't of much use on the sports field...

On the occasion of the upcoming spring release of Tim Burton's new live action version for Disney which looks like it might be pretty marvy (pictures above and trailer here). I wanted to remind you of how great Disney's original mid-20th-century animation really was. I can almost taste the combination of salty popcorn and lemonheads now. Enjoy and have a good weekend!









4 comments:

Xtina said...

So trippy!!! Love it Didn't they drop acid?

Stephen Orr said...

"Of the notion that the imagination displayed in Disney's animated
films was drug-induced, animator Art Babbitt, who drew the dancing
mushrooms in "The Nutcracker Suite" portion of Fantasia, said: 'Yes,
it is true. I myself was addicted to Ex-lax and Feenamint.'"

Jeffrey said...

I can't wait for the amazing art direction of Burton's adaptation. Looks like a world I would want to live in. The twists to the original story sound interesting as well.

Barry Parker said...

The flowers in Miyazaki's "Spirited Away" are also fantastic.