Katrin Sigurdardottir—New Work

My good friend, the artist Katrin Sigurdardottir, has two beautiful shows up in New York at the moment. I don't want to risk interpreting what she is up to for the sake of misrepresenting her (and reveal myself as the art-world nincompoop that I am).

I will simply say that I immediately see two main interests: a love of landscape (especially in the folding, mossy, volcanic hills of her native Iceland) and a sense of scale change that is at the same time both playful and haunting. These photographs are from the Greenberg Van Doren Gallery show which closes August 21st.

Greenberg Van Doren Gallery
730 Fifth Avenue (near 57th St)
New York, NY 10019
212-445-0444






Her other show (images below) is at Eleven Rivington and closes this weekend, July 3. Like all her work, the large wooden house with it's infinity mirrors set in the tiny gallery space has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.

11 Rivington Street
New York NY 10002
212-982-1930






2 comments:

Cecille said...

genius blog. LOVE IT!! will spend hours going over & over & over.....................it.

Mason said...

love all things icelandic! also: nice blue stone, stephen!